Empowering Families with Homeownership
The Mortgage Partnership Finance Program has helped empower families through homeownership for over 15 years. Hundreds of thousands of families, many in low and moderate income areas, have
been assisted by community lenders participating with the MPF® Program in buying homes or lowering the cost of their existing homes.
Products to Suit Your Needs
There are a variety of MPF products that provide mortgage lenders of all types and sizes different loan selling structures under the MPF Program. Hundreds of community banks, thrifts and credit unions
across the country have realized the benefits of teaming up with their FHBank to access the secondary market.
A Unique Partnership
Combining the retail expertise of community lenders with the wholesale funding advantages of the FHLBanks fosters a unique partnership with the MPF Program, resulting in an efficient method of
financing mortgage loans. Mortgage lenders can continue to manage all aspects of their customer relationships and depending on the MPF product chosen, lenders may be paid credit enhancement fees
for managing the credit risk of the loans they originate and sell.
Benefits of the MPF Program
- Community lenders gain access to the secondary market as the MPF Program and products are designed for institutions of all sizes.
- Lenders control the origination and underwriting process. Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) decide which loans to sell into the various MPF product options.
- PFIs may increase their income by receiving credit enhancement fees for the MPF Program's credit sharing products.
- The MPF Program furthers the mission of the FHLBanks and its members with homeownership opportunities.
- The MPF Program creates real marketplace competition, allowing PFIs to compare and improve their profitability.