Impact of COVID-19 on Originations of MPF Xtra Loans
Effective Date: Immediately (unless otherwise noted)
On June 11, 2020, Fannie Mae issued an update to Lender Letter LL-2020-03, Lender Letter 2020-04, and Lender Letter LL-2020-06, communicating updates to temporary policies previously announced. The policies in this Lender Letter are effective immediately and are effective until Fannie Mae provides further notice, unless otherwise stated.
Updates to Fannie Mae Lender Letter LL-2020-03 - Impact of COVID-19 on Originations:
- Extended application dates for the temporary origination flexibilities to July 31, 2020.
Updates to Fannie Mae Lender Letter LL-2020-04 - Impact of COVID-19 on Appraisals
- Extended the application dates eligible for the temporary appraisal flexibilities from June 30, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
Updates to Fannie Mae Lender Letter LL-2020-06 - Selling Loans in Forbearance Due to COVID-19
- Extended eligible note dates to July 31, 2020 and delivery to September 30, 2020.
PFIs and Servicers of MPF XTRA must follow the relief policies and guidance issued by Fannie Mae, including the announcements below and by visiting Fannie Mae’s COVID-19 webpage.
In addition, PFIs and Servicers originating, delivering or servicing:
- MPF Traditional (Conventional) loans must follow the policies and guidance recently issued by the MPF Program. Please visit the MPF Website to view recently published MPF Announcements.
- MPF Government loans and MPF Government MBS loans, must follow policies and guidance issued by the applicable Government Agencies.
- MPF Direct loans, must follow policies and guidance issued by the product’s investor, Redwood Trust.
To gain a full understanding of these topics, PFIs and Servicers should review the entire Fannie Mae Lender Letter plus any applicable Fannie Mae Guide chapters, forms, or exhibits noted in the announcement.
- MPF Announcement 2020-38