Impact of COVID-19 on MPF Xtra Servicing
Effective Date: Immediately (unless otherwise noted)
On August 27, 2020 Fannie Mae issued updates to Lender Letter LL-2020-02 and Lender Letter LL-2020-07, respectively, which communicated updates to temporary policies previously announced, to enable Servicers to better assist Borrowers impacted by COVID-19. The policies in the Lender Letters are effective immediately and are effective until Fannie Mae provides further notice, unless otherwise stated.
Updates to Fannie Mae Lender Letter LL-2020-02- Impact of COVID-19 on Servicing
- Extended the suspension of foreclosure-related activities from August 31, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
Updates to Fannie Mae Lender Letter LL-2020-07- COVID-19 Payment Deferral
- Incorporated minor revisions to better clarify the intent of certain requirements in response to servicer inquiries.
PFIs and Servicers originating, delivering or servicing:
- MPF Traditional (Conventional) loans must follow the policies and guidance recently issued by the MPF Program. Please visit the MPF Website to view recently published MPF Announcements.
- MPF Government loans and MPF Government MBS loans, must follow policies and guidance issued by the applicable Government Agencies.
- MPF Direct loans, must follow policies and guidance issued by the product’s investor, Redwood Trust.
To gain a full understanding of these topics, Servicers should review the entire Fannie Mae Lender Letter plus any applicable Fannie Mae Servicing Guide chapters, forms, or exhibits noted in the announcement.
- MPF Announcement 2020-57